2015 — present
Graduate Teaching Assistant Responsibilities
- Assist professor with class management
- Prepare course materials and exams
- Respond to student inquiries
- Grade assignments, exams, and quizzes
- Write assignment and exam rubrics
- Proctor exams
- Assist in the preparation and posting of grades
- Hold regularly scheduled office hours and providing individual and/or group assistance to students
- Design course
- Write syllabus
- Design, implement, and grade activities
- Write learning objectives and outcomes
Personal Trainer Responsibilities
- Interpreting and explain fitness assessments (body composition, cardiovascular fitness, muscular & endurance and flexibility)
- Use fitness assessment results to discuss goals and develop training program for clients
- Contact new clients to set up initial meeting and training sessions
- Maintain all individual records including sessions purchased and remaining sessions
- Serve as a role model and maintain a professional attitude to all patrons and co-workers on and off duty
- Demonstrate how to perform various exercises and routines
- Provide alternative exercises during workouts or classes for different levels of fitness and skill
- Monitor clients' progress and adapt programs as needed
- Explain and enforce safety rules and regulations on sports, recreational activities, and the use of exercise equipment
- Give emergency first aid if needed
- Demonstrate the value of personal training, including safe and proper exercise techniques
- Prepare and deliver comprehensive fitness programs based on clients' goals
- Motivate and inspire clients to get results through goal setting, frequent follow-up, and re-assessments to show progress
- Create an up-beat, inviting, engaging, non-judgmental, motivating environment
- Coach others how to adjust and operate all fitness equipment
Mountain Park Health Center
December 2012 — July 2015
WIC Clinic Supervisor
- Manage projects to increase and improve collaboration opportunities between MPHC departments.
- Work in collaboration with other hunger advocacy agencies in Arizona to achieve collective impact.
- Engage in advocacy efforts to raise awareness of public health issues.
- Coach a high performance team of 7 professional and paraprofessional employees to ensure the team is mission driven and working on target for contract deliverables.
- Manage multiple priorities, projects, and deadlines all within budget.
- Engage in creative and effective delegation to meet contract deliverables.
- Participated in social media training to improve engagement with community.
- Participated in hiring and interviewing skills training to build better teams.
- Negotiate for fair salary increases and time off for team members.
July 2009 — December 2012
WIC Systems Manager
- Responsible for designing and maintaining systems to facilitate client services, ensure accurate WIC program documentation, uphold program integrity, and ensure quality assurance.
- Ease program documentation and contract compliance by building and maintaining the MPHC WIC database.
- Assure program integrity by ensuring staff follow policies and procedures.
- Facilitate intensive two day training for new employees to use the Arizona WIC computer system.
- Create the MPHC WIC manual to answer commonly asked program related questions.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate the program's outreach and referral plan.
- Serve as the program's lead for the Farmer's Market Nutrition Program.
- Review and update department policies and procedures.
- Obtain employee feedback for program improvement.
- Provide a monthly progress report in a dashboard format.
- Promptly respond, investigate, document, and resolve all complaints.
April 2009 — July 2009
- Use motivational interviewing to counsel high risk participants.
- Use motivational interviewing to counsel breastfeeding mothers.
May 2008 — April 2009
WIC Community Nutrition Worker
- Provide service to clients relating to eligibility screening, laboratory and anthropometric measurements, nutrition education, record documentation, and WIC food instrument issuance.
Maricopa County Department of Public Health Office of Health Promotion and Education
May 2007 — December 2007
- Facilitate Promoting Lifetime Activity for Youth (PLAY) Program at 3 Maricopa County Schools.
- Participate in implementation of Promoting Adolescent Seatbelt Safety program.
- Perform duties as child safety seat technician.
- Assist in facilitation of Women Together For Health Program.
- Panelist for the 2017 USF Anthropology in Action Open Day lecture: "Building Interdisciplinary Bridges: Anthropology in Public Health, Medicine, and Engineering"
Skills and Qualifications
- CPR & First Aid (Since 2003)
- Breastfeeding Counseling (Since 2008)
- Personal Training (AFAA Certified Personal Trainer 2007; NSCA Certified Personal Trainer 2012)
- Diversity & Inclusion
- Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, Access, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint
Professional & Personal Development
Affiliations and/or Memberships
Volunteer Workshop Moderator for USF Intercultural Student Leadership Conference (2017)
Volunteer Poster Presentation Facilitator for the USF Undergraduate Research Symposium (2016)
Secretary Arizona Local Agency WIC Association (2013)
President Arizona Local Agency WIC Association (2012)
Child safety seat check volunteer technician (From 2007 to 2011)
Community group fitness instructor
Phoenix ComiCon panel moderator (2011-2013)